Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summerslam Preview 2012

Pre-Show: Antonio Cesaro vs Santino Marella (US Title Match)
 This should be an okay match to kick off Summerslam. Both of these men are great in the ring, and this match should warm us all up for what we're looking forward to. I don't think we'll see a title change here, and Santino will most likely pull off a lucky victory with a roll up or a Cobra after a distraction. This feud will most likely continue after Summerslam,and hopefully pick up more steam.

My Pick: Santino Marella

Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs The Prime Time Players (Tag Team Championship)
 Could it be? A tag team title match on a PPV? Yes, but with poor build up. With AW being the main attraction in this feud, it has become awkward without him.With that being said, I think this will be a decent match. I predict we will finally see a title change, and The Prime Time Players will finally have some gold around their waist after everything is said and done. This victory will most likely occur with some cheating and heelish tactics,but nonetheless a win for Darren Young and Titus O'Neill.

My Pick: The Prime Time Players

The Miz vs Rey Mysterio (IC Championship)
This match seems as though it was put together on the fly. Absolutely no build up, or anything of that nature, but look forward to a great match between two great wrestlers. Rey Mysterio is a great high flyer, and when he clashes with The Miz's grapple-based offense, this will be a memorable match between the two. I don't think we'll see a title change here, but we will see some classic Miz heel tactics to get the win.

My Pick : The Miz

Kane vs Daniel Bryan
At first, I was weary about this match, but it has grown on me. Daniel Bryan's character is amazing, and his clashing with AJ and Kane has progressed it even farther. This will be a decent match between the two, who are both great workers, but I think the main focus of this match is AJ. She was the one who started this mess, and she will most likely finish it up by distracting Bryan and allowing Kane to win, making Daniel Bryan even more crazy than he already is.
My Pick: Kane

Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler 
 I can't wait to see this match between two amazing wrestlers. I think the build up has been decent, with Jericho going back to his Y2J persona, and Ziggler becoming a better and better heel. This will be a classic match, and with Ziggler most likely standing tall after everything is said and done. With Jericho most likely leaving after tonight, he will put Ziggler over so he will become a legitimate World Champion.
My Pick: Dolph Ziggler 

CM Punk vs John Cena vs Big Show (WWE Title Match) 
 CM Punk's great heel turn is the only thing going for this match. Big Show and John Cena have been average these past few weeks, but CM Punk has been a shining star. This should be an awesome match, and hopefully they go the no DQ way with this match, but nonetheless, it will be a highlight of the night.I predict that Punk retains and holds the title until the Royal Rumble, where he will face The Rock.
My Pick: CM Punk

Alberto Del Rio vs Sheamus
 This is more of the same from these two. The build up has been so weird and confusing, making my expectations for this match very low.Sheamus will win in triumphant fashion, like always. Hopefully, we will see a shake up in the WWE, with Dolph Ziggler possibly cashing in. 
My Pick: Sheamus



Triple H vs Brock Lesnar
 Fantastic build for this match, and I can't wait to see an awesome grudge match between these two beasts. This match will be a grueling brawl, and the beauty of it is that it could go either way.I think Lesnar is the better choice for a victor in this match, and I believe he will end up pulling it off.
My Pick: Brock Lesnar




No comments:

Post a Comment